Henri Coandă International Airport keeps fighting against the spread of coronavirus
In order to limit the spread of the virus, Henri Coandă International Airport has intensified the disinfection measures. Thus, the arrival flow area is disinfected six times a day. The other areas of the airport are also disinfected, but with a slightly lower frequency. Hand sanitizer gel dispensers are also available for the passengers in all areas.
As for the thermo-scanners helping to detect the passengers with signs of fever, there are currently three such devices on Henri Coandă Airport: two on the normal flow and one on the flow of charters.
For further information, we recommend the site of the National Institute of Public Health: http://www.cnscbt.ro/, as well as TELVERDE: 0800800358.
COVID -19 (coronavirus) information
- Symptoms: The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell.
- Spread: People can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease can spread from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. People can also catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets. This is why it is important to stay more than 1 meter (3 feet) away from a person who is sick.
- Protection measures: Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water, maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Incubation period: Most estimates of the incubation period for COVID-19 range from 1-14 days, most commonly around five days.
- Recommendations for international travellers: It is prudent for travellers who are sick to delay or avoid travel to affected areas, in particular for elderly travellers and people with chronic diseases or underlying health conditions. Cover your nose and mouth with a flexed elbow or paper tissue when coughing or sneezing and disposing immediately of the tissue and performing hand hygiene. Refrain from touching mouth and nose. A medical mask is not required if exhibiting no symptoms, as there is no evidence that wearing a mask – of any type – protects non-sick persons. However, in some cultures, masks may be commonly worn. If masks are to be worn, it is critical to follow best practices on how to wear, remove and dispose of them and on hand hygiene after removal. Travellers returning from affected areas should self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days and follow national protocols of receiving countries.
Actions to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV) on Henri Coandă Airport
Aiming to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Henri Coandă Airport developed a joint measures plan in cooperation with the Ministry of Health, the Department for Public Health and the General Inspectorate of Border Police.
This plan of measures includes the dissemination of informative materials, questionnaires completion by the passengers coming from China, the way of treating these passengers by the medical teams, as well as a series of other specific measures, one of them being the disinfection of the passenger flows every 4 hours.
In addition, hand sanitizer gel dispensers have been placed and made available for the passengers on the international arrivals flows; their number is to be increased in the days to come.